Welcome to the Albury Wodonga Farmers’ Market.
The market has been operating since June 2002, originally at the Gateway Village, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga.
We are very proud that the person you buy from is either the farmer or the person who makes the value added produce.
Our aim as a farmer’s market is:
- To give consumers a VIABLE alternative to supermarket shopping
- To give growers a VIABLE outlet that doesn’t involve middlemen such as the Market and Supermarkets chains
- To provide ethical, local and sustainably produced high quality food to local communities
- To encourage people to eat seasonally
- To create a groundswell of community support for transitioning from unsustainable global business models to local sustainable models
- To build resilient local communities
- To reconnect people with food, where it comes from, what it is, what is natural and what is not
- To reconnect people with the land
- To educate the community on the damaging social consequences of Big Agriculture and Big Food. (Food Inc.)